There’s nothing better than starting off a cold winter day with a stack of fluffy pancakes made from the heart! The recent cold and blustery days have been my inspiration for this gluten and dairy free coconut flour pancake recipe that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Just like with pretty much all my recipes, I keep it simple. If you want to make this recipe vegan friendly simply replace the eggs with Ener-G Egg Replacer or Flax seed. First, in a large bowl add eggs, grape seed oil and unsweetened almond milk then whisk together well. I used vanilla, unsweetened almond milk because that’s what I had in the refrigerator and the pancakes turned out delectable. Now, in a smaller bowl sift coconut flour, coconut sugar and himalayan pink salt or sea salt. At this point I turned the stove top on at medium heat to warm up skillet coated with coconut oil.
Combine the two mixtures together by placing the dry ingredients to wet and mix until there’s no lumps. As I found out it may take a little while, anywhere from two to five minutes, to get the batter smooth. Place a little less than 1/4 cup of batter into skillet to form pancake. Cook until bubbles begin to form on top, flip and cook on the second side. This recipe can make six to eight medium to small pancakes. Top with butter, maple syrup and some fruit or you can skip the maple syrup and try organic sugar sweetened fruit spread. Bon Appétit!
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt / Sea Salt
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, grapeseed oil and almond milk.
- In a separate bowl sift coconut flour, sugar and salt.
- Preheat a skillet to medium or medium-high heat.
- Add dry to wet and thoroughly mix until there are no lumps.
- Place a little less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot skillet. Cook until bubbles begin to form on top. Flip pancake and cook on the second side.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS: